Available in standard irrigation or potable WRC drinking water quality grades and in a variety of thicknesses, our butyl rubber linings are so resistant to high-temperature variations, abrasion and UV light, that they outlast every other type of lining.
Heavier and more expensive than other linings, they pay for themselves by lasting for at least a decade, even in harsh climates.
Please see below for more information, or call us now on +44 (0)1386 760950.
- Totally inert with no problem with leaching of plasticizers
- Excellent UV and ozone resistance
- Brittle point at -30 deg C
- Does not harden and crack when continually flexed
- Flexibility makes this product very quick and easy to install
- Easily repairable
Life Expectancy Guidelines:
USA/Mexico: 10 – 12 years
Africa: 10 – 12 years
Northern Europe/Canada: 15+ years
Southern Asia: 10 – 12 years
Test Unit Requirement British Standard
Hardness ºIHR 65+5 BS 903 A26
Tensile Strength MPa Min 7.5 BS 903 A2
Elongation at Break % Min. 300 BS 903 A2
Density g/cm3 1.2 ± 0.05 BS 903 A1
Brittle Point ºC -30 BS 903 A25
Tear Strength N/mm 20 Min. BS 903 A3 C Crescent Test
Properties after Heat Ageing
168 hours at 121º C BS 903 A19
Tensile Strength MPa Min. 6.0 BS 903 A2
Elongation % Min. 200 BS 903 A2
- 50 pphm, 96hours, 30ºC at 80% Elongation BS 903 A43
- No Cracks
- Length Change
- The samples are conditioned for 24 hours at +20ºC then heated for 1 hour at +100ºc and then cooled during 2 hours to +20ºC and re-measured.
- Along % Max 0.5 Across % Max 0.5
These are guidelines only and are dependent on correct installation.