Available in standard irrigation or potable WRC drinking water quality grades and in a variety of thicknesses, our butyl rubber linings are so resistant to high temperature variations, abrasion and UV light, that they outlast every other type of lining.
Heavier and more expensive than other linings, they pay for themselves by lasting for at least a decade, even in harsh climates.
Please see below for more information, or call us now on +44 (0)1386 760950.
- Totally inert with no problem with leaching of plasticizers
- Excellent UV and ozone resistance
- Brittle point at -30 deg C
- Does not harden and crack when continually flexed
- Flexibility makes this product very quick and easy to install
- Easily repairable
Life Expectancy Guidelines:
USA/Mexico: 10 – 12 years
Africa: 10 – 12 years
Northern Europe/Canada: 15+ years
Southern Asia: 10 – 12 years
Test Unit Requirement British Standard
Hardness ºIHR 65+5 BS 903 A26
Tensile Strength MPa Min 7.5 BS 903 A2
Elongation at Break % Min. 300 BS 903 A2
Density g/cm3 1.2 ± 0.05 BS 903 A1
Brittle Point ºC -30 BS 903 A25
Tear Strength N/mm 20 Min. BS 903 A3 C Crescent Test
Properties after Heat Ageing
168 hours at 121º C BS 903 A19
Tensile Strength MPa Min. 6.0 BS 903 A2
Elongation % Min. 200 BS 903 A2
- 50 pphm, 96hours, 30ºC at 80% Elongation BS 903 A43
- No Cracks
- Length Change
- The samples are conditioned for 24 hours at +20ºC then heated for 1 hour at +100ºc and then cooled during 2 hours to +20ºC and re-measured.
- Along % Max 0.5 Across % Max 0.5
These are guidelines only and are dependent on correct installation.